Tuesday, 27 July 2010

New Designers 2010


In July I went too see New Designers in London. I had been the year before, I remember feeling extremely overwhelmed at how big the place was and how many graduates were there, the competition was huge. Also I felt insecure that I could not produce this standard or level of work. So this July when I went I knew what I was expecting and I felt more positive that I can and will produce work to that standard; when I go and exhibit my work I want to be proud of every single detail. I know this involves a lot of work although if I keep pushing myself I think the work could be very interesting.

There were a lot of embroidery pieces either in fabrics or paper designs and I was inspired by these pieces because I love embroidery with different elements, to add depth to a design. From what I can remember last year the colours were neutrals, this year the colours were more tropical and exciting.

This will be my work next year and my space to show my work off so I'm going to take into consideration every little element that hopefully will make my work stand out from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment