Monday, 10 January 2011

Debbie Lord Review

I sent my work on a pdf presentation to Debbie and asked to receive feedback about the designs that I created, this was nice because Debbie has seen my work at different stages, so it was nice to read her feedback at the final section. Below is a copy of our contact.

hi helen
happy new year
sorry for only just getting back to you.had a busy start to the year
ive been busy planning my husbands 40th party and
then im off to heimtex on friday.
your wallpaper designs look lovely and very well executed elegant and
look very profesional.i could see them appearing in a high end
wallpaper sample book.
its hard to tell what scale they are on screen and the true colour of
them.
the collection does works well together and they compliment each other
nicley, i would of liked to of seen a wow showstopper design that
really brought the collction alive.
i would like to come into see them to get a better look and maybe
help develope some ideas with you for your final project.
so ill speak with mandy and see
what she thinks.
well done helen
keep up the good work and enjoy your final project. you need to make
it amazing your best ever work :-)
thankyou for e-mailing them


-----Original Message-----
From: Helen Ainsworth
To: lorddebbie454@aol.com
Sent: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:07
Subject: Helen Ainsworth from Stockport College


Hi Debbie

I hope your well and are ready for Christmas.

I know you will be busy with Heimtextil in January, although I am
wondering whether you could look at my designs now they are complete
and give me some feedback which could influence my final major project,
anything would be helpful.

I have attached a PDF of the collection ( 6 designs ), my aim was to
create a collection that was classic and traditional, when designing
I was looking at the market for inspiration, Osborne and Little,
Designers Guild and Ralph Lauren Home for example.


Thank you
Helen Ainsworth
I am really pleased with this feedback and I agree with how I could improve the designs and
the collection. I hope to keep in contact with Debbie. I was extremely happy
that she said she could see them in the high end sample book, this is what I was aiming for.

This has made myself more confident in showing my work to the outside industry.
I will make sure I show more companies my work to see others opinions.
Thank You Debbie.


No comments:

Post a Comment