I asked a few questions to Karen Little regarding how her business works. I have not put all the answers in this report however I have just taken the sections that I thought most relevant.
When asking Karen if she sets, set briefs the answer was no because if the work does not sell then it would be down to her so it’s more like giving advice where needed and slotting them into collections. Also a lot of the clients are always looking for “something new” so this is what I need to remember when designing my final collection. Regarding money, normally a design will sell for around £500 and the agent will take 50%, this is being as a freelancer, whereas in a studio this would be different. I asked Karen
“What would make myself more employable to you? Regarding work and how I present myself?”
‘I find you very presentable and also a talented creative designer. You just need more experience and practice; you need to keep going, get as much knowledge as you can and try to make sure your designs are different yet commercial. You then need a lucky break!’
This was pleasing to hear and good to know where I need to improve to succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment