In September 2009 as a group we went to Millennium Gallery Sheffield to two exhibitions, 'Timorous Beasties' exhibition and also 'Spectacular craft- Out of the Ordinary' which were by different artists. All the exhibits were different from each other. I remember both of these artists work relate to the body.
Annie Cattrell

'I choose the familiar, for example a cloud, so whatever language you speak there is a kind of universal understanding.' Annie Cattrell

'I choose the familiar, for example a cloud, so whatever language you speak there is a kind of universal understanding.' Annie Cattrell
Annie Cattrell enjoys working with different material and skills, she is interested in glass because of it's transparency and the ability to reveal.
I love the cast that the shadow creates, it adds another dimension to the piece.
I love the cast that the shadow creates, it adds another dimension to the piece.
Naomi Filmer

'The work I make focuses on ordinary parts of the body that we never really celebrate, but actually there is nothing ordinary about them at all, they are unique to every individual.' Naomi Filmer.

'The work I make focuses on ordinary parts of the body that we never really celebrate, but actually there is nothing ordinary about them at all, they are unique to every individual.' Naomi Filmer.
Filmer is fascinated with the shape of the body shapes, sounds and movement. She creates these pieces by casting body parts and placing them inside glass lenses.
No comments:
Post a Comment