Thursday, 26 August 2010

Alice in Wonderland- Colleen Atwood







Unfortunately I didn't go and see Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland in the cinema, so when it came out on DVD this summer I had to watch it.

The film was amazing but I was stunned at the costumes they were breathtaking beautiful and what amazed myself was when Alice shrank the clothes draped over her as they were too big and visa versa. These details made the story more believable. These remarkable dresses are the creation from Colleen Atwood, she is an American costume designer.

"It was really freeing, because there’s Lewis Carroll’s own drawings, of which there aren’t very many and they’re quite simple. As Alice went through various eras, there’s classic references for them. Because this is so different from what people are going to expect — Alice isn’t a ten-year-old girl, she’s a young woman — there’s a nod to the classical need for that. But once she goes into Wonderland, we took it to another place." Colleen Atwood

No comments:

Post a Comment