Thursday, 7 October 2010

Trend 2011/2012

I am going to create a collection within my designs and needed to find a colour pallet, because I want to work commercially I went onto the Heimtextil website, which is an international trade fair, who have many companies showcasing there work at different times of the year. On the website there are also trends, which show the viewer/ the customer what's going to be on trend in seasons and years. Interior trends last longer than fashion trends. The trend I have chosen is called 'Wilderness' I was more looking at the colour forecast rather then the explanation of the trend. The colours are different to what I have used before, although I see this as a challenge, to see how I work with different colour ranges, because I know in commercial design I might not like all the colour ways that I have to work with, so I'm going to try and be varied now.
The colour theme is sophisticated, and have a natural fe
el to them, there are some colours that are darker although these would have to used in smaller amounts.

Below is an explanation from the website of the trend.

WILDERNESS

Wilderness – back to wh

ere we came from

The world we live in is high-tech and consumption-controlled, confidence in governments, economic structure and energy supplies has been shattered. So consumers are striving for more self-reliance and want to achieve an ultra-sustainable lifestyle. In order to achieve this, some are breaking free of their normal way of life in a radical way and adopting the Wilderness lifestyle, which means being at one with nature.


A new interest in crafts from the past, including milling and wicker-weaving are evolving. People are looking for distinctive individualistic features marked by imperfection not perfection. A new organic look is being created, which nature captures in all its forms, characteristics and materials.

Primitive Raw paves the way for a new interest in simple shapes and manufacturing techniques.


Nature’s Harvest describes an unbridled ecological aestheticism and wild, natural shapes, created from untreated materials.


Folk Tales shows the efforts made by a new generation of designers to transfer forgotten skills and craftsmanship into the modern era, with the aim of creating a meaningful link between the local and the global.

Untamed Nature makes clear how nature is treated rather than processed. Design is inspired by a revival of the craftsmanship fr

om a bygone era.

This image below is my own experimentation of grouping the colours together, to use in my designs, some of these groups are stronger than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment