Monday, 1 November 2010

Interior Research - Osborne&Little

Osborne and Little are a classic although contemporary interior company who has been established for around 40 years. When entering the showroom in London it had a welcoming aura. Within the company they have distributers Nina Campbell who creates wallpaper and furnishing fabrics, Liberty Furnishings who just create fabrics, Lorca who create furnishing fabrics and recently concentrating on silks and Michael Reeves Furniture who has exquisite pieces of furniture with crisp clean lines. As I was looking at the Nina Campbell wallpaper collection in the Paradiso Autumn 2010 book, the quality and the detail of the bird was fantastic, it looked as though it had been hand painted because it had the look of raised brush strokes. When researching the same wallpaper on the internet, the viewer can not see the detail, I would have not been amazed by the quality of this wallpaper on the internet if I had not seen this before hand, I suppose this is why it's vital to have showrooms, this enables the customer to see their chosen wallpaper in a setting, this gives an essence of how the wallpaper would be in their room, sometimes the customer will ask for samples, this is to see how the sample would look in there home, it can look different. This is why showrooms have samples ready to give out, each outlet had slips of paper and pencils available around the store, making it easier for their customers to ask for samples.

When looking through Nina Campbell ‘Paradiso’ book, I realised that it was only a section of the repeat, because it's a large repeat it’s very expensive to print out a full repeat, so the books will show a section and will also have a visual to show how it would look in a room set. Below is an image of Nina Campbell's Paradiso Range.


No comments:

Post a Comment