On the second meeting with Debbie Lord I knew exactly where I wanted to go, which field and the area of the market I was aiming for. After talking with Debbie and showing her, where I was up too with my experiments, she was very positive with what she saw, also it was new to me to show someone work that was still evolving. Debbie gave myself tips specifically on designing for the commercial industry.
- Make sure the motif is recognisable
- Scale, keep printing elements out to see how it works, other than on the screen
- For inspiration with motifs, go onto Amazon and look into buying the Dover books
- Make sure the colour is correct when printing
- Try and use the emboss tool on Photoshop
When talking about my exhibition with Debbie she gave me these tips
- Print onto a plain wallpaper
- Go into paper chase and print onto a paper which already has texture
This advise I will use when designing my collection and remember this in the final major project.
No comments:
Post a Comment