Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Julie De Hopital Tutorial

Julie De Hopital was another guest lecturer, she is a fine artist. In the second year we had a few workshops to help us draw in more exciting ways, and to loosen us up and not be so precious about drawing "picture perfect" this really helped, and I try to use the same techniques now in the work that I'm producing.

I let Julie know the theme that I wanted to create and that the work will be for a commercial interior collection, that is mainly wall-coverings and furnishing fabrics.

Like Karen, Julie liked the way I had put together the A3 theme sheets, and advised myself to do this myself with my drawing style and keeping to colour themes. So it would end up being more of an art piece although still could use the sections in designs.

Julie also mentioned it might be interesting to look into the thought process of the Japanese culture, she said that the Japanese always want to do things better that those before. Therefore they would not be copying, they would be improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment