Karen Little was a guest tutor for a few days. This gave the opportunity to talk to Karen about the Major Project brief, and to show her where I was up too.
When showing Karen my work she was impressed on the theme that I had chosen and that it would work well in the market area. I put together A3 theme sheets, that show my starting point, this is too keep myself focused. These impressed Karen and she liked the way I had grouped them together in colour and focus. This helped Karen to see where I wanted to go in my work.

When I showed Karen my sketchbook there was no colour, and mainly line drawings, there was also mark making as backgrounds. Karen liked my line drawings, however she strongly wanted me to start capturing colour from the subject matter: floral. As well as looking at the colour in the A3 theme sheets. Karen also suggested to look at larger scale drawings rather than just A3 or smaller.


All these elements I took into consideration and started pushing my drawing, although still keeping it experimental. The next week Karen came back to give a lecture as well as looking at the progress that I made within my work. Karen was impressed with the work that I had produced and suggested ways to take elements into designs. She was pleased to see that I had in some drawings/painting's simplified the shapes.

When showing Karen my work she was impressed on the theme that I had chosen and that it would work well in the market area. I put together A3 theme sheets, that show my starting point, this is too keep myself focused. These impressed Karen and she liked the way I had grouped them together in colour and focus. This helped Karen to see where I wanted to go in my work.

When I showed Karen my sketchbook there was no colour, and mainly line drawings, there was also mark making as backgrounds. Karen liked my line drawings, however she strongly wanted me to start capturing colour from the subject matter: floral. As well as looking at the colour in the A3 theme sheets. Karen also suggested to look at larger scale drawings rather than just A3 or smaller.
All these elements I took into consideration and started pushing my drawing, although still keeping it experimental. The next week Karen came back to give a lecture as well as looking at the progress that I made within my work. Karen was impressed with the work that I had produced and suggested ways to take elements into designs. She was pleased to see that I had in some drawings/painting's simplified the shapes.
No comments:
Post a Comment