This is the first trade show I have been too. It was an eye opener to see how big the place was, and I didn't go into all the halls.
Birmingham Spring Fair is an international trade fair that happens every year in February. It specialises in stationary gifts and interior products. It is in the NEC which is massive, there are x amount of halls all having different speciality.
I only went into the Halls that I thought were necessary, I would have gone in more halls however there wasn't enough time.
Even though this was not the area that I am specialising in there were no wall coverings to look at. However I found a sense of trends in the interior products; there were a lot of French country style, with muted tones, that are soft and subtle although very calming, wooden colours almost having the outside in the house.
In the stationary hall, there was a lot of card designs and wrapping paper with a Japanese influence to it, this gave myself ideas to create my designs. They had layered looks with bold silhouettes and detailed florals over the top. The colours were bright and rich, this is probably the change I would make for a softer pallet for wall coverings.
There was a lot to take into consideration when walking around the halls and it was overwhelming to begin with, but to start to have an understanding of what the industry is like once graduating is very valuable.
Birmingham Spring Fair is an international trade fair that happens every year in February. It specialises in stationary gifts and interior products. It is in the NEC which is massive, there are x amount of halls all having different speciality.
I only went into the Halls that I thought were necessary, I would have gone in more halls however there wasn't enough time.
Even though this was not the area that I am specialising in there were no wall coverings to look at. However I found a sense of trends in the interior products; there were a lot of French country style, with muted tones, that are soft and subtle although very calming, wooden colours almost having the outside in the house.
In the stationary hall, there was a lot of card designs and wrapping paper with a Japanese influence to it, this gave myself ideas to create my designs. They had layered looks with bold silhouettes and detailed florals over the top. The colours were bright and rich, this is probably the change I would make for a softer pallet for wall coverings.
There was a lot to take into consideration when walking around the halls and it was overwhelming to begin with, but to start to have an understanding of what the industry is like once graduating is very valuable.
No comments:
Post a Comment