Saturday, 3 October 2009

Report - Habitat


Habitat

As my interior shop, I choose Habitat; I am very pleased with this choice. The Image above is the designer I concentrated on Emily Daborn.

Habitat has been opened from the 1960’s the atmosphere when entering the shop was relaxed. I went straight up to the assistant and just told them what we were doing; they were very pleased to help us in our studies, explaining where things were in the shop. When I went on to the floor we wanted with bedding, there were two other assistants that were very knowledgeable and knew the designers and ranges.

Along with Habitat’s own range they also have designers doing commissioned pieces for the company, Amy Gordon, Emily Daborn (who I looked at) Michael Williamson and more. This is a way of bringing fresh, exciting innovative designs to the company. They heavily rely on this to boost the profit. The shop is marketed at the high-end market. The price range used to be commercially priced and know it has risen this was to keep in the competition. When asking the sales assistant, who was their cliental, she answered people in there 30’s, professionals with money and also a lot of gay couples. This was not surprising; it is a chic and contemporary feel to it. They have spacious areas to show their furniture off in a space that could be a room. This shows the customers how to put elements together in their home.

During my time there, there was an assistant that helped a great deal, and at the end she asked if I wanted to take some samples. She had a completed a textiles degree at Manchester University and knew exactly what we were doing, this made it very useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment