Urban Outfitters
Urban Outfitters started off their company by two students trying to get some money, they used scrap materials and put them together to create new garments, they than sold this on to the students and the public. This is very wise. Urban Outfitters are global and not just UK based. In the store to this day they have a range called ‘Renewal range’ (re-new-al) this is where they take old fabrics and turn them into new exciting garments. I think this is fantastic and more fashion outlets should do this. The cliental are still the same, students and anybody interested in vintage fashion, it is a high-end shop.
This was my first visit that I choose to report on, the shop had only just opened and there were hardly any customers in the store. I decided to tell the sales advisor that we were working on our project. Once they knew we were students and completing research they were fine with us working. Although even though this was fine I still did not feel like I could not relax in the store.
I decided to concentrate on the designer range so that I would have the name of who designed the garment. I am glad I did this because when working on the reports there were books that explained where the designer took their inspiration from, this made the work more interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment